Flights all arranged. Got my visa today. Hotel booked for arrival in Beijing. Only thing left to do is get some chinese moola.
My flight details:
- depart Cpt Wed 15 May @ 19h50 (1 stop Jnb) arrive Beijing Thu 16 May @ 20h50 (local time).
- depart Beijing Thu 30 May @ 23h30 (1 stop Jnb) arrive Cpt Fri 31 May @ 14h10 (local time).
My initial itinerary is:
- 16 May – arrive Beijing [sleep Beijing – Citytel Hotel]
- 17 May – Great Wall [sleep Beijing – Citytel Hotel]
(there is a Great Wall Marathon Race on 18 May which I need to avoid)
- 18 May – Forbidden Palace [sleep Beijing – Citytel Hotel]
- 19 May – cruise Beijing. Catch train to Xi’an [sleep on train]
- 20 May – arrive Xi’an. Terracotta warriors [sleep Xian – Vienna Hotel Xi’an Railway Station]
(got a hotel close to the railway station so I can walk there when I arrive)
- 21 May – cruise Xi’an. Catch train to Chengdu [sleep on train]
- 22 May – arrive Chengdu. Cruise Chengdu [sleep Chengdu]
- 23 May – visit signage supplier’s factory [sleep Chengdu]
- 24 May – 29 May – travel into rural China westwards of Chengdu, hopefully get to Jiuzhaigou in Sichuan Province or Dragon’s Back in Longsheng District.
- 30 May – fly back to Beijing. Try not to miss my flight back to Cpt.
Beijing-Xi’an=1216km. Xi’an-Chengdu=842km. Chengdu-western border=3000km (lots to explore).